Willis Forum
defining moment

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Willis Forum // Voorbeeld Forum
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
DMT

BerichtGeplaatst: 11-05-2018 08:18:41    Onderwerp: defining moment Reageren met citaat
SHANGHAI air max tn rojas , May 13 (Xinhua) -- World junior champion Noah Lyles produced a shining performance on the senior stage when he clinched the men's 200m with a world leading time at the 2017 Shanghai Diamond League here on Saturday.

Lyles, 19, beat fellow American and Rio Olympics 400m bronze medalist LaShawn Merritt to win the sprint in 19.90 seconds.

"I'm very excited. I spoke to my coach before the race and he told me to work on my positions which I managed to do," said the Nanjing Youth Olympics champion. "I come off running a good indoor season and at World Relays. The expectation for the rest of the season is to focus on the 200m -- I think that is my strong suit."

Merritt clocked 20.27 to take silver and Gemili Adam was third in 20.35.

China's Xie Zhenye finished fifth in a national record time of 20.40.

Xi proposes advancing China-Ethiopia ties

Chinese Premier Li meets with Pakistani PM Sharif in Beijing

Belt and Road Forum for Int'l Cooperation to be held in Beijing

2008 Wenchuan earthquake commemorated in SW China

Chinese submersible explores turbidity current in South China Sea

Straw art gala held in E China's Shandong

Xinjiang Int'l Grand Bazaar held in Urumqi, NW China

8th China Peking Opera art festival to be held in Nanjing

By Riley Beveridge.

MELBOURNE, Jan. 21 (Xinhua) -- World No.3 Rafael Nadal overcame a mighty scare from American qualifier Tim Smyczek to secure what he described as his "toughest ever victory" at the Australian Open on Wednesday evening.

Nadal battled through stomach cramps and dizziness in a five- set thriller, finally seeing off the threat of Smyczek after more than four hours to win 6-2, 3-6 air max tn negras , 6-7 (2-7), 6-3, 7-5.

On the women's side, No.3 seed Simona Halep enjoyed a more routine passage into the next stage of the competition, defeating Australian hopeful Jarmila Gajdosova in straight sets.

However, there was some luck for the home favorites, with both Nick Kyrgios and Bernard Tomic defeating seeded opponents to ensure Australia would have its first player, other than Lleyton Hewitt air max 97 hombre , in the final 16 of the tournament for the first time in 11 years.

On center court in the evening's showpiece event, even an underdone Nadal was expected to ease through his second-round clash with world No.112 Smyczek.

However, the plucky American had other ideas. Despite Nadal taking the first set comfortably, Smyczek fought back and leveled the match, before claiming the third set in a tiebreak.

As Nadal called for an injury timeout, complaining of a stomach cramp, it seemed as though the American had the upper hand. But back fought Nadal to send the match to a deciding set, which he claimed after breaking at 6-5.

Gallantly air max 97 gold comprar , Smyczek saved three match points, before Nadal's quality eventually shaded the contest.

But, despite the victory, Nadal said he didn't believe he had the ability to fight back from his illness.

"I felt very tired and after the first set, my body felt very bad," Nadal told reporters after his victory, "I was very tired and I was sweating like crazy."

"When I was serving in the third (set), I almost threw up. It was a terrible feeling and I suffered too much on court. It was not fun today.

"In terms of feeling bad (physically) air max 97 silver comprar , yes it was my toughest ever victory."

On the women's side, Halep barely raised a sweat as she saw off the challenge of Gajdosova 6-2, 6-2.

The highly rated Romanian was unstoppable from the baseline and broke her opponent on four occasions to seal a comfortable win.

Earlier, in the men's draw, Australian teenager Kyrgios continued the host nation's giant-killing trend, following in Thanasi Kokkinakis's footsteps from the first round by defeating world No.23 Ivo Karlovic.

Kyrgios was made to battle against Karlovic's big serve, but profited from two double-faults midway through the fourth set to break the Croatian and clinch a hard fought 7-6 (7-4), 6-4 air max 97 silver bullet baratas , 5-7, 6- 4 victory.

However, 18-year-old Kokkinakis's run ended at the hands of a fellow Australian, Sam Groth.

In a five-set epic, Kokkinakis won just five points off his own serve in the final set as fatigue set in, with Groth advancing to the third round with a 3-6, 6-3, 7-5 air max 97 rojas , 3-6, 6-1 win.

Groth will now play fellow Australian Tomic in the third round, after he defeated world No.22 Philip Kohlschreiber in four sets.

The often outspoken Tomic held his nerve in two consecutive tiebreaks to win 6-7 (5-7), 6-4, 7-6 (8-6), 7-6 (7-5).

He described the third set tiebreak, in which he stormed from 3- 6 down to win five straight points and claim the set, as the defining moment in the match.

"Tennis is a funny sport sometimes nike air max 97 verde , you can be up and winning and then, all of a sudden, it can change with one shot," Tomic said after the match.

"I was losing and had three set points against, but I just strived to somehow win two points on my serve and then I thought ' go for it' and hit that shot.

"I can't complain, I played very well, he was playing very well, it was good tennis and I served very well and that's what helped me a lot throughout this match."

Meanwhile air max 97 azules , in the women's draw, No.7 seed Eugenie Bouchard swept aside Kiki Bertens to advance to the third round with a comfortable 6-0, 6-3 victory.

NEW DELHI, Aug. 12 (Xinhua) -- The local government in India's northern state of Uttar Pradesh has set up a committee to ascertain the lapses that have caused the deaths of 60 children at a medical college hospital, officials said Saturday.

According to the government, 60 deaths have taken place in the hospital during past five days.

The inquiry was ordered Friday night after local media reports quoting hospital authorities said 30 children died in the hospital due to lack of oxygen cylinders.

Meanwhile, the local government denied . Cheap Hornets Jerseys Cheap Hawks Jerseys Cheap Memphis Grizzlies Jerseys Wholesale Clippers Jerseys Wholesale Boston Celtics Jerseys Wholesale Cleveland Cavaliers Jerseys Wholesale Chicago Bulls Jerseys Wholesale Milwaukee Bucks Jerseys Wholesale Oklahoma City Thunder Jerseys Wholesale Washington Wizards Jerseys
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Willis Forum // Voorbeeld Forum Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: