Willis Forum
When Chen visits

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Willis Forum // Voorbeeld Forum
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
DMT

BerichtGeplaatst: 16-08-2018 03:17:06    Onderwerp: When Chen visits Reageren met citaat
Liu Wei cheap onitsuka tiger mexico delegation , 7, carries a cool mat on one's shoulder at a boat leaving Zigui county of Hubei province, June 25, 1995. Around 1.1 million people have been relocated since 1993 to make way for the Three Gorges Dam, the world's largest hydropower project, according to Xinhua. [PhotoLi Feng] Residents of Badong county of Hubei province leave their hometown on December 12, 1997. [PhotoLi Feng] Photo taken on November 15, 1999 shows residents of Zigui county of Hubei province who hadn’t move to the new county site. [PhotoLi Feng] Zhang Jianguo and his wife put flowers into the earth to memorize their ancestors in the new county of Zigui on March 3 cheap onitsuka tiger mexico mid runner , 2001. [PhotoLi Feng] Residents of Zhongxian county of Chongqing lift a pig onto a boat on July 20, 2002. [PhotoLi Feng] Liu Changfu poses for photos with his wife and one-month-old baby before they take a train from Wushan county of Chongqing to Guangxi’s Huizhou on August 31, 2002. [PhotoLi Feng] A bride and groom walk through a bridge in the new county of Zigui on December 28, 2013. [PhotoLi Feng] A family who relocated from Wushan county to Jizhou pose for photos in the field on December 21, 2013. [PhotoLi Feng] Liu Zhenghua fishes in the new county of Zigui on July 3, 2014. [PhotoLi Feng] Photo taken on October 1, 2014 shows a couple on the riverside of Wuxi county. [PhotoLi Feng]
By Xinhua writer Yu Fei

BEIJING, Oct. 9 (Xinhua) -- When Chen Xuanbo cheap onitsuka tiger canvas , 40, an ethnic Han official, was sent to work in Uygur-dominated southern Xinjiang, he thought he was going to a place "too dangerous to fall asleep."

Chen left the Xinjiang capital city Urumqi for southern Xinjiang on March 5, several days after the Kunming terrorist attack that killed 29 people and injured more than 140.

The attack was proved to be organized and committed by the separatists from Xinjiang.

"It would be a lie if I said I had no fear," Chen says.

Before his departure, friends and relatives warned him repeatedly to stay safe, while his ten-year-old daughter bought him a pair of sneakers because "he would walk a lot there."

Several months after Chen came to Azkhan village cheap onitsuka tiger serrano , in Atux City, Kizilsu Kirgiz Autonomous Prefecture, everyone in the village knows him.

"Many worries were unfounded. My daughter gave me the most useful thing," Chen says. "The mulberries are ripe. I can pick them and eat them under the trees and feel very safe."

The Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Regional Committee of the Communist Party of China (CPC) decided in February to send 200,000 officials to work in grassroots units, mostly in southern Xinjiang, over three years.

The project aims to ease ethnic tensions and counter the infiltration by "Eastern Turkistan" terrorist forces.

"Personally, I support this project asics gt cool express ," says Chen, who works in the regional industry and commerce bureau.

"Southern Xinjiang has been isolated from the outside world for a long time. The Uygur and Han ethnic groups don't communicate with each other, and 'Eastern Turkistan' terrorists have become rampant. If the situation continues, misunderstandings between Uygurs and Hans will be exaggerated."

He began to write his online diary as soon as he arrived. He has posted more than 80,000 characters and over 10,000 photos to show the region through his eyes.

Most entries are about his daily work such as his visits to families, farms and schools, and they have fascinated readers on Tianya and Tiexue asics gel sight , two popular online forums in China.

"Many people call southern Xinjiang the 'home of terrorists.' I refute this. I didn't really know much about southern Xinjiang before I came here. Now I want to tell the world about it," Chen says.

Azkhan, a mainly agricultural village, has a population of 3,563 in 638 families, with 1,470 mu (98 hectares) of farmland. The average annual income in 2013 was 5,252 yuan (about 846 U.S. dollars) cheap asics gel scram 3 , according to Chen.The village is on the outskirts of Atux City, which is famous for its shrewd business people. Locals buy silk products from east China to sell in the region and do business in central Asian countries such as Kyrgyzstan.

More than 500 residents have passports, and traveling abroad is common. "Some are very rich and some are very poor. They all like to have the exteriors of their houses sumptuously decorated," he says.

Chen was invited to a celebration in the village primary school, which has more than 300 students and 31 teachers. It was built in 1980 and the roof leaks. Teachers hit a steel ring made from an old wheel as the bell.

The students performed on humble stage accompanied by simple sound equipment. Chen couldn't understand the Uygur songs, but he was moved the dances and music, and took a lot of photos.

"It's such a beautiful culture. Through the photos, I want to tell people not to link terrorism with the Uygur ethnic group cheap asics gel saga ," Chen says. "When I walk in the village, if I smile at passersby, they smile back. And the local Uygurs are always happy to give me directions."

In his official capacity, Chen gave detailed guidance to a villager, Zaire, on how to open an auto repair shop. Within three months, Zaire had earned more than 150,000 yuan and was employing about 30 workers.

In his diary cheap asics gel respector , Chen ponders why some villagers are so poor, as the government has many preferential policies for farmers in Xinjiang. He attributes the poverty of some families to a low per capita area of cultivated land and lack of labor.

When Chen visits homes, some families are friendly and some are indifferent. The Uygur villagers face the same problems as people in other places. They quarrel with their neighbors, but if a dispute is between Uygur and Han, it can be seen as an ethnic conflict.

<

MELBOURNE, Aug. 9 (. Cheap Sweden Jerseys Cheap North America Jerseys Wholesale Coyotes Jerseys Wholesale Canadiens Jerseys Wholesale Bruins Jerseys Wholesale Blue Jackets Jerseys Wholesale Blackhawks Jerseys Wholesale Colorado Avalanche Jerseys Wholesale Florida Panthers Jerseys Wholesale Team Finland Hockey Jerseys
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Willis Forum // Voorbeeld Forum Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: